Do you like reading other women’s dreams and goals? I LOVE it. Reading the things that light women up and get them moving fires me up like nothing else. I love that in spite of everything we have going on, women still get vulnerable and say, "This is where I am, and this is where I hope to go." It lights a fire under me, that’s for sure.
Is it strange to start sharing monthly goals on the blog in October? Most people probably do that sort of thing in January. I think there’s something freeing about going there now before the whole, new year, new you hubbub starts. So let's get cracking. Here are my October dreams and goals:
- Move at least 3x a week. I have been so busy lately I haven’t done anything exercise-wise other than power walk around the grocery store. This week I received the sweetest message from my 86 year old email friend telling me about how often she exercises and gals, let me tell you - it was humbling. She made me decide to stop making excuses and get moving.
- Carve a pumpkin and roast the seeds. If you’ve never roasted your pumpkin seeds, let this year be the year you start a new tradition. It’s easy! Once you’ve scooped the seeds from the pumpkin, clean all the goop off the seeds, pat them dry, toss in olive oil and salt, and roast at 350, stirring every 7 minutes or so until the seeds are a light golden brown (maybe about 20 minutes). SO GOOD.
- Sit on the back porch with my puppy and a cup of hot tea and do nothing other than savor fall.
- Spend time in prayer and meditation every morning.
- Write daily for 30 minutes, especially on the days when I feel like I have nothing to write. Those tend to be the days I need to write the most.
- Get a massage. Self-care, my friends!
- Celebrate my successes. The other day I was talking very matter-of-factly to a friend about the articles I’ve had picked up for publication recently. She was so excited for me that it made me realize I tend to jump from thing to thing without really celebrating these big moments. I want to intentionally do something to mark this moment of life where some of my big, life-long dreams are really coming true. I’m not sure what I'm going to do to celebrate yet, but I want to do something special!
- Choose feeling over numbing. This is something I plan to write more about at some point. Stay tuned!
What about you my friends? What are your October dreams and goals? I’d love to read yours, cheer you on, and get inspired!!